Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Illusion

Waking up.
Getting up to this reality.

Touching my bed -it turns to dust.
Taking a shower - I clean myself of dust with dust.
Dressing up - I protect my body with dust.
Eating breakfast -I let dust come into my body
I open the door - I enter a world of dust.

Problems with traffic - I find dust.
Arriving at my office - I find more dust.
Financial problems? - Even more dust.
Exhaustion? - Dust clouds my body and mind.

Going back home - Enough dust for today.

I sit down.
I focus on the color red and spray it all over the dust in my mind.
I attribute it to the physicality of worldly events.
Red dust clouds my mind - Where is stillness? Where is peace?

In stillness and quiet meditation I let the red dust settle in the water of my mind.
But my mind will be shaken tomorrow, and the red dust will devoid my mind from clarity.
Do I need such instability?
Why do I cling to red dust?
Why not clinging to the purity of my mind?

I retreat to myself. I too am dust, in the eternity of Tao.
Isn't my short life worth celebrating, instead of constant worrying?
May I be the happiest grain of dust on the Earth!
All around me are illusions - I too am one.
Yet they have a purpose.
All around me is Tao - I too am Tao.
Yet Tao is not me.

The sage goes beyond illusion and finds the Absolute Tao.
Why must we go towards illusion and find absolute reality?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Miguel Sena said...

The man is said

"you are dust, and to dust you shall return.”

Must we transcend that "reality"?

12:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home